Re: [DML] Air intake performance

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>
> Most people I talk to say the PRV runs hot. Most say they'd like
them
> to run cooler or have better airflow in the engine compartment.
> Isn't there a way to turn at least that passenger side breather
gill
> for the hot/cold air mixture valve into some kind of vent that
washes
> air over the engine?
<SNIP>

For as long as I've owned my DeLorean, I've never seen the car run
hot, unless I've had a radiator fan go out. And then I can tell,
because the needle passes the 220 mark. Otherwise, the temp always
stays low. Depending upon ambient temperature outside, the needle for
the coolant temp may not fall quickly like it does in the winter, but
the motor does stay cool. Then again, when I first got my car, I had
the all metal, 3-row radiator installed, and most importantly, the
cooling system is totally bled in my car.

It doesn't matter wheather or not you use the automatic bleeder kit,
or you bleed the system manually. You just need to bleed it. That I
would consider to be far more important than air flow across the
engine. Although, I don't even really know how much airflow over a
motor really helps at all. Lifting the hood on a conventional car,
and the engine cover on a DeLorean, both engine compartments have
always felt just as warm to me.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"