Re: Delorean Turbos, Twin Turbos? What, where, how much?

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "steve" <steve@xxxx> wrote:
> anyone know where one can get turbos/twin turbos that are either
made
> for deloreans, or fit them? What, where, how much?

I have twin turbos on mine and i found out the hard way that our
stock motors have "cast" pistons in them, so if your boost pressure
goes much beyond 5psi you will at least have blowby and create excess
pressure in the crank case which pushes the dipstick loose and sprays
oil in that area of the enj compartment and some of that oil wil burn
on the exhaust, leaving a large cloud of smoke that makes people (and
some cops)think your motor is on fire, and extra oil is pushed into
the air cleaner soaking it and reducing the power and gas milage by
almost half.
The proper way to install turbos is by upgrading the pistons
to "forged" ones, and the worst case the cast piston will break and
look ok from the top but with the rings removed it falls apart in
your hands.
I do know a performace expert who specailzes in turbo's he is located
in Lansing MI, his shop is on clippert street, his name is Gene.
P.S.i talked to steve at DMC in texas and he said the turbo
aftermarket kit is a quick way to blowup a motor.