[DML] Re: Digest Number 1520 (Unhappy about the DOA and DW)

[DML] Re: Digest Number 1520 (Unhappy about the DOA and DW)

I'm sorry to react this late, but I still feel I should.

Hi Trevor,

I would like to take the opportunity to react to your message below.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "trevor Johson" <dmcboy1der@xxxx>
wrote:
> I really have no interest in getting into a debate with any
one, but I
> just want to shed some TRUTH onto all the misinformation going
around here.

I don't want to HAVE a debate, I am just expressing my
disappointment about the DOA and DW on DML. I already expressed my
disappointment directly to the Director of the DOA , back in (I
believe it was) 1995 and to John Truscott last year. I still had
hope for over 8 years that everything would become like it was when
I joined.

> First, Linda Porter is president, has been for the last 4 years.
Ed only
> recently took on the editors position when our current editor
resigned, as a
> TEMPORARY replacement, the board is still looking for someone with
suitable
> qualifications to take over for the next term.

Sorry about that, I made a miss there....

>If any of you are interested,
> then why not send a letter, or e-mail to a Board member? I am sure
most
> would gladly inform the board at the next meeting. Along those
lines, If you
> have a concern, why not write to the president? why sit here and
piss and
> moan

Is this the kind of arrogant language DOA uses to communicate with
their members ??? Again, I am not pissing and moaning. I am
expressing my disappointment about the DOA. I cannot recall any rude
or improper language about the DOA. I have been a member for over 13
years, and I don't think I deserve this for just expressing my
personal opinion.

>, no one here can do anything about it, you all say, "if things
would
> change..." then send your concerns to the President! This is how
you can
> bring change, by voicing your opinions, contrary to belief, only 2
Board
> members even look at the list, so in order for your opinions to
get through,
> send them directly to Linda.

Last year I sent an extensive letter with all my griefs to John
Truscott. I don't know what he did with this letter (you might wanna
get into that), but until today I didn't get any reaction at all.
ergo, writing the DOA about your griefs is useless !!!

>I won't pretend to know what Ed is trying to do
> with dw, all I know is that if you look back, DW has over 72
issues, which
> have covered just about everything there is to with DeLoreans and
tech, the
> new magazine still has tech, but again, in 20 years, its all been
said...

It's never been said !!!!! There is always more to say, but you just
don't want to say it. Since there are a lot of new magazines and
clubs who keep on expanding their knowledge. And these clubs for
example, share new cross reference parts, which you keep as the big
secret or sell for big money. Have you ever looked up when you last
published one?? If you have, let me know please. Like I wrote
before, a club is for the members, made by the members. They are the
cause of your existence, not just a money source. And there are a
lot of owners, that do not have the budget to restore a complete car
without having to worry about money.

> You say its not interesting any more, which is why the format
has been
> changed, there are a lot of owners who have read everything there
is on
> DeLoreans, and reading about how to add an emergency release to
the hood,
> just isn't interesting after being published 5 times. DW has
always had the
> option to send in your articles and have them published, but this
has just
> never been taken advantage of like it was hoped.

Ah, this is what I waited for. I am from the Netherlands. I can
write English, but it takes me a lot longer than the English writing
population on the DML. Like I mentioned before, in the past I wrote
some articles that were published in DW. They were all tech
articles, and it took me some time to get them together. In the last
one I wrote I mentioned a meeting of the German Delorean club in
Speyer. If I'm right that was in 1995. The article was rejected,
because the DOA didn't want to publish anything about a foreign
club, not being a chapter of the DOA. To my surprise, an article was
published about that same meeting (Volume 12, number 2) written by a
German member !!!!! They even published practically the same picture
(Deloreans in a row, doors open) that I added to my report !!!!

Dear DOA, don't be surprised if, after that, I didn't want to
contribute articles any more.
(From: "frenkieboy"
> If you have concerns, please direct them to the appropriate
board
> member, www.delorean-owners.org has a listing of all of them, and
their
> contact info.

> P.S. I will not respond to people looking for a fight, or rude
little people
> with something against someone, constructive criticism is welcome,
but to
> those of you who just want to argue, grow up, please.

So far, you are the first person beiing rude to ME, Trevor. I never
said I had a grudge against the DOA or Ed Bernstein, but YOU are the
first one that makes a good chance. I think Ed was a pioneer on the
DeLorean parts area, in a time not many people were willing to take
the risc to sell these articles. He however did (thank you again for
that , Ed)and made me decide to buy and drive my DeLorean.

> Trevor Johnson

Frank Lommen
Netherlands