Re: Digest Number 1520 (Unhappy about the DOA and DW)

Re: Digest Number 1520 (Unhappy about the DOA and DW)

Hello Ron (or Cheryl),

I must admit that I haven't read the DML for some time due to the
fact that I was busy with other things. It's a shame that I have
missed that discussion. I would like to know if any boardmembers of
the DOA have mixed in that discussion too, and what their opinion
was. I have the impression that they have changed their policy
regarding the articles of their magazine about the time Mr.
Bernstein became president.

But let met state one thing clear, only for those that think that I
am against the DOA, or Mr. Bernstein as owner of DeLorean One . I AM
NOT !!! I have been a happy member for about the first 7 or 8 years,
it is just that I think that for me (and probably a lot of other
members) DW is just not interesting any more. I always liked the
idea of having one club that operates worldwide, and also keeping
track of other local clubs.

Apparently the DOA has other piorities. Again, that's a shame. If
the editor of DW would review the contents of the magazine, I would
renew my membership again, but I rule that out that a possibility.
Running a club is all about members and their needs. That's the only
goal. Members are the cause of its existence, not just a money
source. Or there is a power change within the board, that leads to a
totally different atmosphere. For me the atmosphere is very
important too, since I only can enjoy my DeLorean for a short period
each year. And if I do, I want to have fun. That's what the car is
for.

Feel free to react.

Frank Lommen
--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "gullwingmagazine"