Re: Anybody up for a beat up dmc?

Rare is a person who can take on an unroadable project car without
eventually losing interest. Don't feel bad, I too am NOT such a
person. #5939 is definitely a fixer upper (my goal is first place in
the "You've Got To Be Kidding" category at Pigeon Forge), but it does
run. That is what keeps me in the race. If I couldn't drive it, and
yes even show it off (sagging headliners and all), it would surely end
up on eBay alongside that other fine specimen.

Roadable project cars are out there, perhaps not this week but quite
possibly the next. Was unhurriedly surfing online sources when my
steed popped up on a short eBay auction at a price too good to miss
(DMCNEWS website was my preferred marketplace). Had it not, would
probably have ended up with the car that sold in Charlotte late 2002
(THAT seemed to be a good deal, in my own backyard). Of course there
was that other attractive Pennsylvania car earlier in the fall...

DeLoreans are uncommon, but they aren't rare. That's one of their
beauties -- they put automotive history within grasp of us little
people. Are several DML'ers who have cycled through 2 or 3 (this
concept of SELLING a car is bit hard for me to grasp). If DeLo's were
truly difficult to obtain they'd all be locked away like precious
jewels. Of course you'll never find one without looking. But don't
feel like time's running out, or like someone else will snap up the
last one.

Related programming note: any DML'ers who haven't read Dave Stragand's
website need to set aside an evening to do so. Will take at least two
hours to read it all, but is definitely worth the time. Way funnier
than anything on sitcom TV. I've even recommended to non-DeLo'ers.

Bill Robertson