Re: Parts for a sad ebay DMC-12

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "fivetwofive" <CBL302@xxxx> wrote:
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "supremeadmiralsenn"
> <StadnickAd@xxxx> wrote:
> > yes, I know i shouldn't buy a car like this without having some
> > knowledge. But i figure between my dad (who restored a 1972
> Chevelle
> > Malibu) and this list, I can get theinfo i need to fix it. Yes it
> > will be time-consuming, yes it will be expensive. I am prepared
> > put in the time and money to get this car back to at least okay
> > conditiona nd maybe a full restore a couple years down the line.
> > Thanks for all your input, but I just wanted the people with
these
> > parts that i need to answer, not opinions.
>

> Just remember the $20.000 rule,when it comes time to buy a
> Delorean,whatever you pay for it,is the difference,between,what it
> cost to buy,and what it will COST YOU to finish this car,meaning
> that,if you pay for example $2500.00 for this car it will cost you
AT
> least $17,500 or MORE (not including labor) to complete this
car.Hope
> this puts some understanding,into your head before you get into
this
> project.
>
> Just think about this ONE question before you decide to buy this
car:
> WHY DID the last person restoring,this Delorean GIVE UP on this
car?
> Something to think about.
>
> Claude
> 00570

Some great advice from a lot of very knowledgeable people. I have the
answer to the last question. It doesn't change the fact that it needs
a ton of money and work but the last person gave up because they
passed on. I bought this car as a package of three that came from a
very elderly lady. Her husband bought the three of them for her. Two
were really nice drivers, and this third one was his next project in
the works. Again, with all due respect, this does not change the fact
that it is a huge undertaking to put this car back on the road boith
financially and physically. Great advice by all! Sincerely,

Poor old DMC owner from ebay
R.Henry