Sad DeLorean & new owners

Well, I just want to warn you... a DeLorean is no '72 Chevelle. My Dad has restored his '69 Mustang from the ground up all by his self, and he was a mechanic all during the '70s, but my DeLorean still completely baffles him. The DeLorean is NOTHING at all like a good old simple American muscle car for the '60s or '70s. They're overly complex and EXTREMELY fickle little machines. Most car repair shops won't even hear what I have to say after I tell them I have a DeLorean. I really think that if this car were to be brought back to life (something that seems out of the realm of possibility to me), it should be done by someone who knows *DeLoreans* inside and out, and all of their oddities.

On the other hand... it'd give you hands on experience with DeLoreans... and by the time you're finished with it (if you DO get that far...) you too will D's better than almost anyone. This obviously isn't a car you can beat the $20k rule with (price of car + repairs = $20,000), so anyone who would take this on should *only* do it for the love of the process. I'd be willing to bet one could build a DeLorean from completely NOS parts for cheaper than restoring the parts that are left on this one... LOL. I know you weren't asking for opinions on the subject... but it sounds to me like you have no idea what you're getting yourself into. If you don't know anything about DeLoreans... take a year or two to read the DML, go to DeLorean events, and meet as many DeLorean owners as you possibly can. If you're willing to spend $6,000-$10,000 you'll get a much better project car... at least one that's complete, and likely running.

Louie Golden
VIN 10115

See what you missed! Read the report on the 2003 DMC Open House Event at http://www.delorean.com/2003event.asp

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@xxxx w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag