Alternator or clutch, please help me out.

Alternator or clutch, please help me out.

I am trying to find out suggestions and maybe some help to my problem.
Here is the situation. While driving my DeLorean today, I noticed that
only in 3-5 gears and hard acceleration the clutch felt like it was
slipping, so naturally I thought okay, my clutch is almost bad with
near 60K on it (as far as I know, but the previous owner claimed he
purchased and installed a new pressure plate 10-20K previously). Okay,
park the car, change to get ready to take the transmission out, and
the car would not start. Turn the key to start - the engine wouldn't
even crank. I hooked up a jumper battery and the engine slowly turned
to a start. The battery light was dim but glowing on the dash. When
trying to accelerate the engine, it accelerated slowly and badly unit
I hit 6 thousand R.P.M.s, the light goes out, the engine idles fine,
and the acceleration back to normal. I took it on the road and I felt
the engine not accelerating as good again and noticed the light back
on dimming. The question, is the clutch suspected to be bad and the
light is just another problem, or is it that my alternator is dead but
running whenever it feels, and the engine couldn't produce enough
power and sucked the battery dry to keep going hence the slipping
feeling with the throttle full open. Also for further information, my
gauge said it was running a bit higher then 8 volts, and when the
problems went away after I hit 6 grand, it went to 10 volts. Whenever
I have just they key on and not trying to start, the battery light
does come on, which I never noticed until I did the frame work and
re-installed the frame. The car never runs 12 or 13 volts (according
to the gauge), more around 10. I am off to do some electrical voltage
testing and see what is going on. But the question about the clutch
still stands. Thank you all for your time and help.