Proper height of Delorean Spec Sheets

One very unappealing exterior issue is the fact that the Delorean
looks jacked up way above the tire height and exposes a real ugly 2
inches of wheel-well. I just measured my car and it came to 44.6
inches in height. I checked several of my magazines and here are the
details of spec sheet height of car:

C&D May 81 46 inches
C&D July 81 44.9 inches
Motortrend Dec 81 51.7 inches
Popular Science March 82 44.8 inches

Who is right???
Motortrend must got the numbers incorrect as it would bring my car
up by another six inches making it look like it would be on stilts.
If my car was only down by two inches, it would take the car down to
43 inches. This sounds more like the way the car was designed
initially. Can anybody tell me the proper height of the stock car?
45 inches is still high according to my car. I would then like to
lower it down to 43 inches but only if it is within specs.