Re: [DML] Door launcher concern

On Friday, May 9, 2003, at 02:21 PM, Marty Lick wrote:
A thought occurred to me while reading the thread
about door launchers. Has anyone with them run into
the problem where they accidentally bump the launch
button on their keyless remote and had the doors open
when they didn't want them to?
<<< snip >>>

My only suggestion for a failsafe would be to have a button to unlock and one to launch. Then it'd have to be hit twice to be an accident. Are the launchers developed and being developed already like that?

Mine definitely work that way. As others have said, it is also important that they are interlocked against the doors opening when the vehicle is in motion. I built a little logic box using several tiny relays and some diodes that performs several functions:
1) disables the door release relays if the doors are locked
2) disables the door release relays if the car isn't in PARK (uses the starter disable signal from the auto transmission--could also use the parking brake warning light signal)
3) makes one of the two remote buttons open the drivers door and the other open *both* doors (for maximal coolness, although the full effect does require careful matching of the t-bar adjustments to maintain synchronized opening).

So, you have to unlock the doors first (using the standard logic of the alarm, and then press one of the "door open" buttons. I have never had a problem with unintended release.

If anyone requests it, I can post the schematic of this box.

--Pete Lucas
VIN #06703