Re: [DML] Water Pipe

In a message dated 5/9/03 8:48:08 AM Central Daylight Time, MPolzin@xxxx
writes:

> Mark,
> Do not remove this pipe, there is no reason to do it and you will surely
> bust off a bolt trying its almost inevitable.
>
> Mike Polzin

I would remove this pipe anyway though, just to replace the o-rings under the
pipe and to clean all that crap out from underneath it. you won't break
anything if you heat the bolts up with a propane torch, give them a few good
taps, then quickly bust them loose. if go slowly, you have a greater chance
of breaking seized fasteners than if you 'shock' the bolts into turning.
heat and vibration help a lot too. in fact i swear never to try to remove
anything from my car again w/o a torch!!

Andy