Door Launchers

Spring has sprung and I want to build my own door launchers. I saw that
there used to be instructions out there but I cannot find them. Can anyone
help out? What are the doors launched with? I have a remote alarm that will
be capable to activate them so I don't need the electronics. I've heard the
Dakota Digital / Ball Actuators will do the job. Any comments? Also it
seems that the Saab 9000 actuators look very similar to the Dakota Digital
ones. Does anyone have more info?

Dave
6530