Re: [DML] engine swaps and weight distribution?!

Re: [DML] engine swaps and weight distribution?!

Putting more weight behind the axle is much different
from putting more weight just above the axle or
between the axles. We already have a rear weight
bias that is approaching the limit for good handling.
Adding another 200 pounds back there is akin to the
driving experience you get when pulling a fully loaded
trailer that has lightened your front end.

Check out www.team.net/sol/tech/engine.html for weight
comparisons of a large bunch of engines (including the
PRV used the DeLorean).

Of course you can always get a a custom made aluminum
block for a small block Chevy or Ford, but you are
talking very big bucks now.

The Rover V8 works because it is an aluminum block
based upon the early 60's aluminum Buick 215 V8. See
<www.rimmerbros.co.uk/cgi-bin/rimmer.bat?v8engine/
v8engineindx> for a very complete set of information
about these engines - including prices.

And, of course, there are a bunch of new V6's that
could work and produce 220-25- HP in stock form, but
again, the $$$$$ are big.

Geez, don't you wish HP was cheap?

Dick RyaVIN 16867