Re: Lower Control Arm (PDC SS option)

The Pearce Design Stainless Lower Control Arm may be the best
"bang for the buck" when new lower control arm(s) are needed.

As all our Deloreans continue to accumulate years and mileage,
it is important to note there are improvements that are still
being made for the Delorean by a number of Delorean vendors,
especially in the area of durability and longevity.

One vendor in particular highlights durability and longevity
in all their products. This is Pearce Design Components.
I have been lucky enough to have worked on several projects
with Bryan and Reg Pearce, and I can tell you without a doubt
that all the PDC components, built from stainless, brass and
other durable materials have been designed for preserving the
functionality of our Deloreans for years to come. Keep this
in mind as you make decisions about your Delorean repairs.

Gus brings up some a good point about his "other side" LCA.
There are some things that are better replaced in pairs and
if you need to replace an LCA due to age (rust deterioration)
then you should replace the other side as well. If an LCA
failure is contributed to an impact or collision, than single
replacement is acceptable, but it is still rust susceptable.

Keep in mind, if you have one or both LCA's repaired and heat
treated, this is a significant cost. If you replace them with
good used LCA's (a somewhat rare OEM part to find), there is a
significant cost involved (as much as $500 each). With both of
these cases, the LCA's will be subject to rust deterioration as
were your original LCA's.

This is where the PDC LCA's (at $425 each) start looking really
good. Buy a pair and never worry about LCA rust deterioration
again. If you only need one and have one good OEM LCA, buy a
a pair of PDC LCA's and sell your good one to cut your costs in
half. This process may eventually flood the market with spare
OEM LCA's and actually bring OEM LCA prices back down.

And make sure to check the the Pearce Design Components website
often for new products are released (www.pearce-design.com)
There is another new product scheduled for release this month
and it will really compliment the SS front lower control arms.

Whenever possible, don't just fix your Delorean to just get by
for now, Fix it for the Future. Fix it with Stainless Steel.

Later,
Rich W.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Gus Schlachter <gus@xxxx> wrote:
> Well I finally got my broken car to Houston and yep, you guessed it:
the front lower