Re: [DML] Re: Front Rotor Replacement

Hi List,
Before work today I had a machine shop press the new bearings into the
hub for me as I couldnt chance screwing them up. I had the pads, spring
pins, anti-squeel shims, calipers and rotors on in about an hour. Everything
went together well. My squeeky brakes are gone and no more steering wheel
vibration when slowing down. Now on to my next problem.
Ever since I have owned this car the brakes have have taken excessive
foot presure to slow the car down. I have driven in other D's and the brakes
felt much easier than they do in my car. I thought that the brake booster
may not be working so I disconnected the vacuum hose(plugged it) from it but
the brakes were a lot worse. So I know the booster is working, but maybe not
at 100%.
Is there anything else I can check before replacing the booster? I
have already installed a new master cylinder, front brake everything, and
rear pads. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave
6286-MI