Re: Speedometer

It sounds like you need to have the speedometer head removed from the
car, disassembled, cleaned, relubricated, and calibrated. Look in the
yellow pages for a shop that can recalibrate speedometers or go to the
biggest auto store in your area and ask where everyone sends them. You
could also try Hemmings Motor News under "services". You should be
able to remove and replace the speedo head but don't even think of
trying to clean and calibrate it yourself! You could also send it to
one of the Delorean venders, they would just send it on to a speedo
shop anyway though. While it is out you might want to consider getting
the higher speed decal and having the speedo recalibrated to that.
While you are at it lubricate the speedo cables (upper AND lower) and
the angle drive.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, id <ionicdesign@xxxx> wrote:
> What makes the speedometer jump when i first start driving my car?
It doesnt really jump