Re: Misfire problems - please help :-(

Make sure the Lambda is running, the frequency valve on the right
valve cover should be buzzing. Make sure there are no vacuum leaks,
check the hole over the mixture screw for a plug, check the vacuum
hoses to the control pressure regulator and the seals and hoses to and
from the idle motor. Of course this assumes when you did the water
pump you did all fo the hoses correctly. Check the hoses and
electrical connector on the ignition advance. You may have to do a
compression check, you may have overheated the motor more than you
think, you might have popped a head gasket. When the car overheats,
the temperature gauge can't sense the coolant so the motor gets hotter
than the gauge would indicate.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757