Re: [DML] Performance mods

The DMC Stage I engine includes an increased-flow
mandrel bend exhaust replacement AND hotter cams. The
old Stage II (no longer in the works) I BELIEVE (dont
quote me - trying to remember back to 1999) were
supposed to be a new inlet manifold and pleneum, new
pistons and sleeves to get it up to about 2.98L and a
head swap from the Renault 3.0i series. Then there
was supposed to be a stage III, including new
EMS/Direct fire ignition and modern EFI, fuel rails,
distribution system, etc. if I remember correctly. I
think the Stage I was going to go up from 130 HP to
the 190-200HP range(is currently 197HP), Stage I & II
was SUPPOSED to get up to 240-250HP and Stage I, II &
III would get it up to 290-300HP, which I believe is
near the is the theoretical maximum for a Naturally
Aspirated engine (roughly 1HP/10ml of block
displacement).

The key is that DMCH is NOT proponent of turbocharging
power-ups (still quoted on their web site). The mods
are not completely exclusive, as the port and polish,
and exhaust mods should be ammenable to turbocharging,
but the hot cam would not.

I believe the 350-400 HP range is attainable with
turbocharging or supercharging, but not with the DMCH
mods. It will require serious high-dollar performance
mods (custom intake manifolds, exhaust capable of
moving that much air, new concave pistons, larger air
inlet system, full distributorless EMS and new more
powerful ignition system, High-flow EFI system, and
different catalytic converters to be street legal)
that you can drop nitrous on as well to go above
400HP.

When I priced this last year, it was about an $18K
engine mod and the only thing stock about it was the
block. I had the money back then, but didnt want to
have to sink another 4K into tranny mods so my auto
could handle that much HP and about 340 ft-lb of
torque (now I'm broke again, so in retrospect it was a
good move hehe).

Pete