Update. Re: Failed Emissions Inspection. AGAIN!!!!!

Update. Re: Failed Emissions Inspection. AGAIN!!!!!

Robert

A PRV engine is a clean burning engine when tuned properly. You
should fly through the emissions check. The readings you gave us
indicate a malfunction of a component. Also, an exhaust leak before
the O2 sensor will usually cause a high HC reading. Unless the
exhaust leak is massive it will probably not be enough to fail you
but make it hard to do an accurate CO adjustment. Also, vacuum leaks
can screw up all the readings depending on where they are (The bank
with the exhaust leak, etc).

Proper readings S/B CO .02 to .10, CO2 in the 15.0 area, HC 0 to 15

BTW the readings on my engine have been in this range for over 10
years and I have touched nothing except change the fuel accumulator,
fuel filter, and air filter. That is over 35,000 miles ago. No brag,
just fact.

Since the car starts I would rule out spark for now. Make sure the
Lambda system is working - the most obvious way to check it is to be
sure the frequency valve is buzzing. I would suspect failure in the
following order since you passed 12,000 miles ago - check fuse 7,
replace the special Bosch relay for the frequency valve/lambda
circuit (it is the only one like it in the DeLorean and it has to be
that exact relay), the RPM relay, the O2 sensor, the frequency
valve, or the cold start valve leaking. After all the correspondence
to this point I am very suspicious of the Bosch relay or the RPM
relay - Be sure fuse 7 is OK.

Harold McElraft - 3354