RE: [DML] Failed Emissions Inspection. AGAIN!!!!!

RE: [DML] Failed Emissions Inspection. AGAIN!!!!!

[MODERATOR NOTE: The tricks suggested here will not actually repair the damage to your car, and might make it worse. Obviously you'd be better off inthe long run if you actually got the car to run right. - Mike Substelny, DML moderating team.]

A couple of old tricks you can try.

1-While engine is running, use a spray bottle and mist water into the
intake. You will have to rev the engine to keep it running. The urban
legend is that you are steam cleaning the combustion chambers.

2-With only a few gallons of gas in the tank, preferably gas from a high
volume station, add a good amount of gasoline drying product, alcohol based.
Alcohol will "absorb" any water in the tank. The extra alcohol will alter
the tail pipe emissions. I had an old V6 Capri that burned about a quart of
oil every 100 miles. This car was ready to die. By juicing the gas tank
with lots of Alcohol drying agents the car passed California emission
testing with flying colors.

Good luck.

Try at your own risk.

Your exhaust will bring tears to your eyes with all of that alcohol. Also,
a bottle of Chevron Techron will do wonders.

After you pass the test, run lots of fresh gasoline through the car so that
you do not destroy the rubber parts in your gas tank.

Your mileage will vary.

Scott Mueller
002981
RNDOLA