Re: Roof Light Disassembly

You're fortunate; most have long since been damaged by removal and
will not stay in place. The positions are off, on, delay. Off is in
the center position. It is best to remove the fuse or disconnect the
battery before working on it. When you do remove it you will see
that it has a plastic spring-lock assembly that latches over the
hard fiber board liner. That spring latch is on one side only - the
other is stationary. The problem is that one cannot usually tell
which way the light has been installed. The only way I have been
successful is to carefully try to move the entire light mechanism
one direction or the other. The direction it begins to move the most
is against the spring-lock side. I push that way sufficiently enough
to drop down the mechanism and loosen it in the liner. Then, I
carefully pull down and loosen the other side as I bring the entire
assembly down and out. Wires are connected - or should be, so it
takes some careful wiggles and movement to dislodge it. BTW, the
interior light under the rear window is supposed to be an identical
assembly. These light bulbs rarely loose connection or burn out but
rather, the wiring, door switches, or some other component is the
reason for the fault. Does the rear interior light work properly?
They are on the same circuit.

Harold McElraft - 3354

-- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Gary Weaver II" <gw2tulsa@xxxx>