Re: Help with Speedometer

Ah, yes...the notorious angle drive. Whoever came up with the
mechanical "angle drive" technology for automobiles should have been
fired on the spot. Certainly, by the time that automobiles had
speedometers, that kind of technology should have already been
considered primitive and unsatisfactory.

The angle drive on my car went out about 4 months after I bought it.
Later, I had the angle drive replaced while my car was getting the
lowered suspension at DMC Houston. Three months later, I made sure I
greased the angle drive. Three months after that, it also stopped
working (It worked intermittently for about two days).

That was almost two years ago. I haven't bothered to replace the
angle drive again. I did call PJ Grady once to see if I could get
a "hardcore" model, but they said they didn't have any in stock.
They also told me that I should wait, because they're working on
a "better solution". DMC Houston also claims to be working on a
solution (digital, if I remember correctly).

After all this time, I've pretty much given up wishing for a good
replacement (even though I would easily spend upwards of, say, $400
for a GOOD, PERMANENT solution). I figure that my speedometer will
never again rise above 0. On the upside, at least my car will never
have more than 34,000 miles. :)

Aaron