Re: [DML] Idle Problem

vrvader@xxxx writes:

> I have opened the engine bay during one of these high idle sessions
> and pushed on the throttle and it did not make a difference so I do
> not believe it is based on a sticky cable or such things.
>
> What may be causing this?
>
> Thanks in advance for your advice

Check the idle speed kickdown switch. it is the little switch under the
intake by the throttle. the hammer comes down and should JUST engage the
switch when you take your foot off the gas. with the car shut off, use the
throttle with your hand and listen for a distinct 'click' from the idle
switch. if you don't hear it, try starting the car and using a pencil to
engage the switch. does that help? if it kicks down and stays faily stable
(around 800 RPM), then you need to do some throttle linkage adjustments.

Andy

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596