Re: Delorean Interior Clean

Barry,
Here's my input.
In the empty box next to the button that says, "Search Archive" input
the word, "cleaner".
Here's what I found recommended for taking care of your leather and
vinyl. By the way the only leather in a DeLorean is the boot
surrounding the manual gear selector and the part of the seat you sit
on and lean back against.
Message post # 15850 and 15751 recommend Lexol and Vinylex made by
Lexol.
Message post # 28154 and 11986 recommend Saddle Soap.
Message post # 27288 and 25978 recommend Liquid Glass.
Message post # 25980, 22541 and 26093 recommend Auto Glym.
Message post # 21247 and 22547 recommend Leatherique.
Message post # 22646 recommend Gliptone.

As for carpet cleaning ChemDry carbonated Stain Extingusher, Shout
(non-foaming), Resolve (non-foaming), Spot Shot and Spray & Wash.

I personally use Meguiars Natural Shine on black exterior pieces
only!!! I tried it on everything vinyl inside the 'D' and it
evaporated in the heat of the sun and left a film on the inside of
the glass. Diffilcult to clean up.
I now use Leatherique www.leatherique.com on the interior vinyl and
leather. My interior is black. It did a good job of cleaning as can
be shown by the dirt lifted from the surfaces onto my white rags.
Leatherique requires you to buy Rejunenator Oil and their Prestine
Clean. And follow the directions!!!

Mark R. Vanyo
Woodinville, WA, next who knows? Don't have a job.
VIN # 02261

Shoot, almost forgot... People don't seem to like Armorall. Seems
that it will leave a film on glass when evaporating.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <condoluci@xxxx> wrote:
Hi People,

I am restoring my Delorean and will be cleaning the Interior tomorrow.
Do any of you guys have any tips on cleaning the interior - what to
use and what not to use?

Appreciate any input

Regards

Barry