RE: [DML] Re: Power dip and fan fail problems

RE: [DML] Re: Power dip and fan fail problems

Maybe I can shed more light on this...

I recently had to replace my radiator from an overheat problem. I caught it
before any other damage, but the crappy fused cap on the factory radiator
(the plastic piece) split and could not be repaired.

During that time, unbeknownst to me at the time, the overheat also caused
the fans to run non stop while the car was idling. Thus melting the fuse
(the engine control fuse, second from the left at the top of the box) and
also melted the fan fix jumper in the relay compartment. The fuse was
replaced with the pig tail which extends about 3-4 inches away from the
original fuse box.

My next step is Fanzilla. However, I have a question about it. I assume it
plugs in the original fan relay slot. If this is indeed the case, my
partially melted relay holder will prevent proper installation. Now that I
think about it, I suppose I could get a new holder??