Planning get togethers..advise please

Hey Gang!

After having a blast at Daves parents house for the South
Carolina Door Adjustment Festival 2003 , I'm thinking of planning a general
'fix/adjust it' gathering here at my place, eventhough I don't own a D yet.
I think we could have a great time! Besides working on the cars I was
thinking of doing a cook out, plus my Apt complex has pool. One of the
reasons I'd like to do this is to meet more owners and learn more about care
and maintenance by both observation and hands on helping. There should be
enough room in the parking lot for 4-8 Ds or more.

I'll have plenty of time this summer to plan an event, work is cutting our
work week by one day starting the week school lets out down here. For those
that don;t know, I work for the local school district IT department. So all
summer long I will have 3 day weekends. I'm really hating it.....NOT! Four
ten hour days will enable me to keep a regular paycheck. The bean counters
figure closing all facilities one day a week will save our district over
150K per month. This allows me to stay employed so I'm not complaining. LOL

People interested can e-mail me directly so I can get an idea of how many
would like to do this. I live in Columbia SC. From what I can tell that
puts me in the middle of a few Ds within only a couple hours drive of here.
:-) I have no date in mind yet and I'm sure everyone has plans for July
fourth so that weekend is out. Suggestions welcome...esp from those who have
hosted before.

Sincerely,
William Bowie(future owner in training)
'Live the dream.'