Re: Wacky Interior Lights

There was origionally a rubber tip on the door switch plungers. On
many cars they are missing or worn out. You can get by with a short
piece of vacuum hose sliped over the plunger. If by holding down both
switches (with the doors open) you can't turn the lights out, either
the lights are in the "on" position or you have a wiring problem. Also
make sure the wires going to the 2 switches on the driver's door
aren't crossed, ie the 2 wires for the buzzer go to 1 switch and the 2
wires for the lights go to the other, it doesn't matter which goes
where as long as they aren't crossed. The buzzer could be staying on
because of a sticking switch inside the ignition switch.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757