Re: [DML] Re: slight door adjustment necessary?

Re: [DML] Re: slight door adjustment necessary?

I am in the middle of a similar situation.... I have just put a new pair of
gas struts on my doors and they lift perfectly now.

Even before I changed them my drivers door in particular would open
perfectly from the interior but not when you lift the outside handle. In
face my driver handle snapped!!!!!!

I have replace the handle with a reproduction in Zinc and 4 in 5 door
openings I can feel the back part of the door releasing but not the front
which results in the door lifting around 1/2 inch and then jamming. I have
to then walk around the car and lean in and lift the interior handle to open
it fully.

Having removed the door skin I can see the central lift latch moves all the
way across when activated via the internal handle, however it can be clearly
seen that when the outside handle is lifted it only moves about 40-50% hence
the jamming.

Tomorrow evening I shall try and find the fitting that links the outside
door cable to the central lift latch (rocker switch).

Regards

Chris Hawes
vin 5255