Antifreeze/Car History Question.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxx> wrote:
> The root cause IS the anti-freeze! When it changes ph and becomes
> acidic it becomes more and more of an electolyte.
<SNIP>

Quick question along the same lines. How long will antifreeze be able to sit in
a car before it changes pH levels, and "goes bad"? I was told that my own car
had sat parked for quite a number of years (previous owner had a stroke, and
then died, no mechanical failure). But when it had it's very first coolant flush,
and all new hoses installed, the mechanic commented on how clean the
pipes, old thermostat, and drained fluid were, compared to other DeLoreans
that had sat for the same period. So I'm wondering if perhaps I wasn't told the
truth about my car's past.

All I ever knew was that the car came from Temecula, the owner's valet had a
coupel of ads from some DeLorean repair center down in Westminster, and
the last owner was supposed to be the father of some Amway guy named
Glen Baker. Who after tracking him down (yes, most people's phone #'s are
available on the internet), refused to return any of my calls, nor did he want to
talk to me when I purchased the car from the mechanic where it was at (at
least Howard Hughes gave interviews, cripes!).

Anyhow, just curious if anyone had any experince with antifreeze in the past,
or may know any answers to my other questions.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"