Re: [DML] DeLorean & Lagonda

In a message dated 03/25/2003 8:16:48 AM Eastern Standard Time,
agsutsch@xxxx writes:

<< Re: DeLoreans and Aston Martin Lagonda

Hello Michael,

this is a weird one. I never thought of Aston Lagondas and DeLoreans in one
line.

Yes, I own Lagonda 13354, a 1984 Series II, originally delivered to Ryiadh,
S.A. At 27'000 km it is in great shape. It's a lovely car and everything
works (after replacing some touch switches). 13354 is light blue with an
Everflex roof and bumpers in dark blue and recently (be me) fitted magnolia
leather trim inside. I did not like a sun bleeched Saudi light blue velours.

Dear Arthur:

Thank you for your offer to send DeLorean & Lagonda pictures. When I
traveled to the Belfast DeLorean Expo I had the pleasure of talking with Mr.
Michael Loasby former director of engineering at DMC and at Aston Martin,
specifically the Lagonda project. Mr. Loasby said "the Lagonda is a wonderful
car" and included "the Lagonda project was a lot of fun." I was presented an
offer to purchase a 15,000 mile USA spec Lagonda.

The Lagonda that I want is a 1 owner, 1989, VIN 13573, Series 4 Lagonda,
pearl white, burgundy leather with oyster highlighted piping on the seat
edges. The car has full documentation and service history. The car was
delivered new to Miami Aston Martin.

You are correct about the eccentric livery and interior combinations on the
Lagondas from Saudi Arabia. 60% of the Lagonda sales were in the Middle East.

Do you have any insight, information, and maintenance similarities to the
Lagonda, while owning a DeLorean too?

I will try to send you some pictures of both cars soon.

Best Wishes,
Michael P