http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-images/ign-relay-diag2.jpg

I have seen my car start on 8V (according to the dash guage that is). My battery is okay according to the telltale indicator on it, though it does stay sitting for long periods connected and my alarm is quite thirsty when armed.

Martin

dherv10@xxxx wrote:

Martin, I doesn't short out it by passes. I did the diagram because the relay isn't shown on the original diagram. The diagram shows the blue/ yellow going straight to the resistor on the left side with no relay. The relay was added to me for safety and to make sure the resistor got the appx 10.4 volts if cranking properly for the instance the solenoid was engaged. I think if you got down to 6 to 8 volts you may have a bad battery or a mighty big drain from the starter. I don't think the car would start with voltage that low. The diagram should be correct. My 11004 runs on this for the last year or so with no problems.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com