Re: Exhaust stud removal

Pat - Find two nuts that will thread onto the stud, and put them
both on. Tighten the two nuts against each other to create a "jam
nut" type of installation. Then, use a wrench to loosen the nut
closest to the cylinder head. This technique should allow you to
remove the studs without doing the damage that vice-grips will do to
the stud. Be careful, though. You will get a great deal of torque
applied to the stud - they are very easy to break off due to the
temperature damage to the steel material of the stud. "Easy does
it" is your mantra while you do this. I hope this helps.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "schab932000" <schab932000@xxxx>