Re: car mysteriously died

Two common causes, if electical, are the connections on the white
ballast resistor and the pick-up coil in the distributer. The pick-up
coil goes bad when the engine warms up, as it cools down it works
again. Clean the connectors to the ballast resistor and if the car
dies again immediatly check for spark at a spark plug. If you don't
have any replace the pick-up coil. It is a ROYAL pain to do as you
have to get the mixture unit out of the way. If you think it is fuel
related then try to restart with JUST A LITTLE starting fluid. If it
is a fuel problem it will start right up and die.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757