Re: [DML] Roof Door seal replacement.How?

Yes you need to drill those rivets out and buy a pop-rivet tool to install the new seals. You may decide they're more trouble than they're worth though.... I had to take my roof off to get my new ones in, and you must be very careful of the torsion bar the whole time. Headache.

Martin

netym89 wrote:

When I bought my Delorean six years ago, I realized that after an inspection, the rood door seal and the retaining plate were removed by the previous owner. I found them in the trunk. Because it is held in with rivets, I noticed that the rivets are in the door and I don't know how to go about it. Must I drill them out and replace them with new ones? Do I knock them into the door with a hammer?Not my first choice. So here, anybody that has replaced these seals, I need to hear from you because your advise will help me do it the right way.
Talk to you soon.
John
10250