Re: [DML] DeLorean pricing

Scott,
I agree wholeheartedly with your opinion about the cost of a good
Delorean. I bought mine for $9000 and have over the last six years
spend $2000 on the car. With the exception of getting the wheels
refinished,binnacle repairs, new rotors and getting my exhaust fixed,
I am really done with my car. It is now a safe, dry weather only,
show quality vehicle. The frame, I must admit could use a total
revamping but splitting the car in half is not my idea of fun as a
hobby mechanic. Lets see, that puts me at about $12,000. Not bad!!
Would I want a $34,000 US Delorean. No thanks!! I'd buy a second one
for $10,000 US anytime and still have extra money to restore it.
Sorry, but there are more of us Delorean-do-it-yourselvers around
than those swimming in cash and buying a $30+ car instead. The
greatest enjoyment besides driving it, is actually fixing the car
yourself if you have the brains and motivation how to.
That's wahat it is all about!!
John
10250