Re: [DML] Dash Lights

In a message dated 3/18/03 10:33:48 PM Central Standard Time,
ionicdesign@xxxx writes:

> My right turn light bulb in the dash just burnt out, how easy is it to
> replace. I know
> this bulb is burnt out because the lights do blink outside the car and the
> hazzard
> lights also work but the right dash signal light doesnt light up anymore.
>
> Mark
> 6683

Mark,

you must remove the instrument cluster. there are about 6 nuts under the
dash that must be removed (they have huge washers around them except the two
right under the column). then you have to disconnect two wiring harnesses to
the back of the cluster as well as the speedometer cable. the cluster will
then easily come out and finding the right bulb should be pretty
straight-forward.

when replacing the cluster, make sure all the little copper tabs for the
wiring harnesses are straight and not touching when you reassemble. if they
get bent or touch each other that will cause problems.

the bulb might not actually be burnt out. the cluster is kinda junky and the
socket for the bulb could just be loose. you'll have to play around to
figure it out.

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596