Re: [DML] Door Lock Solenoids

Snag some copper wire & rewind the solenoids. I have, & activity was restored. A bit time consuming, but quite inexpensive. Drive Stainless Robert VIN 6924 Sp tag AgBULIT

From: Raine Moreno <raine-moreno@xxxx> Reply-To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [DML] Door Lock Solenoids Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 20:19:16 -0800 (PST)

ok...do you other guys have to mash on your Door lock switch to get it to work? I didnt think that was "normal" or working as intended...So along with having to tear down the door to fix my window problems, i figued i would investigate why the resistance of the door lock switch, also my remote control unit will lock both doors but will not Unlock the drivers side door, i figured (after inspection of the door mechanics) that the solenoid is worn out and needing to be replaced...when engaged it barely moved almost like the arm moves out and then back in....Just enough to move the pieces of the contact plate to lock the doors..it doesnt seem like it should be working like that. Have any of you had experienced that? I have not taken out the solenoid and inspected it yet, but i have been reading about some similar instances and wonder as well, if anyone has had thier solenoids "rewound" to give them back thier strength. I guess old age and or a combination of the old stock door lock module weakend the solenoids. Just wanted to know so i could possibly save 150 Bucks for a new solenoid.

any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!
Raine M.
Vin # 1096

moderators@xxxx