Re: [DML] buzzer / courtesy lights / fuel pump

Re: [DML] buzzer / courtesy lights / fuel pump

> i would also like to install a fuel pump switch so i can
> cut the power to the fuel pump when i leave the car
> unattended so it wont get stolen

You're in luck...you've already got one! (Or should, at least.)

It's your inertia switch, located in the driver's footwell. You'll find it
either near the lambda counter behind the brake pedal or attached to the
left wall of the footwell area just behind the luggage compartment release
lever. Just pull the plunger up when you leave the car, and push it back
down when you return.

For photos, plus details on how to tell if your car has had the inertia
switch update, check out Hank Eskin's helpful reference page at
http://www.eskin.net/firstdelorean.html

Todd Masinelli
VIN 6681 (Nov '81)