Re: buzzer / courtesy lights / fuel pump

Re: buzzer / courtesy lights / fuel pump

Mark,

There are several ways to do this. You can install Volvo switches
that lock in to keep your lights off. They're cheap at $4 each. You
can tap into the wiring at the door switches or remote the switch you
have now. On my car the lights automatically go out after 5 minutes
if either door is left open. This requires installing an off the
shelf interval timer.

The fuel pump wiring is best accessed at the inertia switch. (You
could pull the switch as a form of anti-theft but that also unlocks
your doors.) Email me if you need help on any of these details,
including an all in one alarm/remote starter/keyless entry unit that
you can install for a very decent price.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, id <ionicdesign@xxxx> wrote:
> is there a buzzer for the ignition switch when the keys are left in
the car?

> i have a switch that turns off my courtesy lights on my car so it
doesnt kill the battery when the doors are left open. i was wondering
if there is a picture how to do this modification so i can move my
switch to a different location so i dont have to tear apart the whole
car to figure out where these wires are spliced into so i can move
them safely.

> i would also like to install a fuel pump switch so i can cut the
power to the fuel pump when i leave the car unattended so it wont get
stolen till i can get an alarm on the car. is there a picture or
diagram how to do this safely?