Re: Cooling Fan Failure.

David

I realize I will probably never change your mind but I really do
believe that the set up I discussed is far superior to the OEM
setup. I have just seen the positive results on too many cars. To be
clear, I am NOT recommending running the fans at ALL times, just
always when the AC is turned on. On a typical window-down-day the
fans will rarely cycle, as usual. The electrical system will
absolutely run hotter and at higher loads with the fans cycling with
the AC compressor verses running at all times. Even the Zilla unit
will have less load and heat when the system is set this way. Try
it. The OEM fans start with a usual 18 amps each and run at
approximately 11 amps each. It is the seven start amps for each
motor that creates the extra heat. Those 7 amps for each motor are
hard on all the electrical system and the motors and the brushes. If
the AC system is low on charge or it is just a cooler day with a
bright sun heating up the interior of the car, the fans could cycle
3 or 4 times a minute. Again, that is a big strain on the fan
motors, relays, and connections, just everything. Much more strain
with OEM compared to just drawing 11 amps continuously for the same
minute. Less heat generated too.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxx>