Re: Cooling Fan Failure.

Setting up the cooling fans to run continuosly is not the best thing
to do in a Delorean. As previously explained in past posts (and an
especilly good one by Bob Zilla) you MUST cycle the fans on and off to
avoid overloading the electrical system. It has to do with what is
known as "duty cycle". The electrical system needs some "off time" to
cool. As far as the engine running "cool", it has a thermostat in it
so it can run at the proper temperature, by running the fans steady
you cannot "overcool" the motor, the thermostat will just close to try
to keep the motor at operating temperature (185 degrees). You should
inspect all of the connectors in the cooling fan circuit to make sure
none have overheated and gotten "soft".
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757