strange "knuckle" on bumper

Hello,

I have just put a deposit on my first delorean!! But I had seen
something on it that struck me as odd and didn't know if others have
seen it before. There is a strange circular protrusion from the middle
of the front bumper about as big around as an american penny. It sticks
out about 1/4 inch or so and has a metal face kindof like a screw might
go in there. It doen't look added it's molded into the bumper itself on
the black band part. Does anyone know what that is??