Re: DeLorean Mobile Home?

Here is what I found on Vixen Motor Homes...I give you, the Vixen
Motor Home Owner's Association:

"587 Vixens were built by Vixen Motor Co., Pontiac, Michigan,
between 1986 - 1989, when the company closed. Retail $40-$53k. 22-30
mpg. Three models: lift-top BMW diesel motorhomes, Fixed-top BMW
diesel limos with 5 spd manual trans-axle, and high-top GM V6 gas
engine motorhomes with four speed automatic trans-axle."

http://www.agencyrv.com/VOA/VOA.htm
http://www.agencyrv.com/Vixen.HTM

Cheers,
Dave

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Stragand, Dave"
<dave.stragand@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Has anyone ever heard of a DeLorean motor home, called
(coincidentally
> enough) a "Vixen"? Here's what the owner had to say:
>
> http://www.team.net/html_arc/shop-talk/200301/msg00125.html
>
> > From my understanding, that's a Vixen. It's a really unique
motorhome
> > built by Delorean shortly before he was shipped off to jail.
Very few
> > of them were ever built, and they aren't quite production
quality (at
> > least this one isn't), but they're very interesting cars in
their own
> > right. Powered by a BMW turbodiesel mounted in the rear. The
owner
> > gets something like 25mpg on the highway in that thing.
> >
> > The top pops up a'la dormobile.
>
> There are three pictures posted up at
> http://nbccwi.com/pics/index.cgi/vixen
>
> To me it looks like a combination of the "EM-50 Urban Assault
Vehicle"