Re: [DML] Re: Low Vin # Warnings

>For that most part its kind of fun because the early cars from the
>ones I have seen have so many odd and ends slightly different about them.

Last summer when I was installing a new radio, I found out why the left front speaker didn't work. For some reason, the wiring harness to that speaker was about a foot shorter than it should have - it NEVER worked, since it was never connected. The lugs on the ends were original and the harness was otherwise untouched. There was no way to re-route the harness to make itfit. I had to splice an "extension". My VIN is #1619 (June '81). No super early, but before production got really ramped up later in the summer/fall.

-Hank