Re: [DML] Low Vin # Warnings

Tom, If you know how to evaluate an older car then I look and listen to it.
Does it over heat & Why??
What leaks?
What about the rubber hoses??
Is there any rust???
What kinds of sounds does it make. Idling or driving???
Things like that.
Low Vin doesn't have to be Doom, but how did the previous owners take care of
it.
If the previous owners waited for something to happen then it will, but if
you do pre-maintance, then the waterpump may need to be replaced along with
all the o rings and gaskets. Is there any signs of water corrosion in the
coolant system. Does the oil pressure read correctly, Has the fuel filter
been changed lately?
As you can see there are a lot of things you may need to ask or observe or
just plan on doing. If the alternator is one of the originals, then it will
be under powered for the full use of the electrical system. Many questions.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com

<< And when I say a low vin #, I'm not kidding. I'm currently looking
at Vin # 787, of course Black interior, gas flap, with windshield
antenna and automatic trans. It has 39K on the Odo and they (the
dealer) claims it to have a perfect interior. The only downside is
its price, 13,995, but its not too terrible. Vrs 32.5k or 62k, its
quite a bargin, stop arguing you guys.

Ok, I know I have asked many many questions before, but what are the
particular things I need to have done for this "super" early car if I
indeed decide to buy it. Beside the zilla stuff. The altinator has
to go I know, but what else. This is my dream car, well yes the
DeLorean, but a very early vin car. Also, has anybody encountered
this car at anytime (00787), or knows the previous owner. I doubt it
because I couldnt find the vin anywhere on the list. Thanks a lot

Tom Porter
Vin: Summer 2003 (do or die)