RE: engines

"Putting a heavy cast iron engine in the rear of a DeLorean can also be a
safety hazard. 300 ft -lb of torque into 1st of 2nd gear can easily
bring the front end off the ground and you can loose steering control."

"The people with SB Chevys add 100+ lbs of lead to the front end to keep
in on the ground. With the engine and the lead weight your D is now 200-300
pounds heavier and slower."

In a word, horsefeathers. Have you seen a SB Chevy-powered DeLorean lift its
front tires? I think you would break something long before you are able to do
that. Trust me on that one. Using your figures the added weight due to the
motor would be the equivalent of an average passenger. The weight difference
is hardly noticeable, and with the car properly lowered it will out-handle any
stocker. If properly set up there is absolutely no need for "100 lbs of lead"
in the front of the car. "Heavier and slower"??? A little heavier, maybe.
Slower, I don't think so. Anyone wishing to compare can come check out that
previously mentioned nearly-empty freeway just outside my front door.

For those who may not be familiar with my supercharged car, check out the
photos at delorean-parts.com. Also note that due to changing interests and the
desire to try something else, this car is now available for adoption.
Darryl T.