Remote rebuttal

I'm sorry if you feel that I am "bashing" those of you who are technically skilled and have the ability to upgrade your car by yourself. If this is how you read my post please accept my apology. Please understand that I am simply trying to point out that the majority of owners do not have the skills required. My opinion that the stock lock module sucks is a correct one, for me. The original was a flawed design (per Bob and others) It toasted my solenoids so, yes I think I can safely say that it sucks....no technical knowledge needed to figure this out.

Again, I am happy that you could fix yours for a few dollars. That is great and I applaud your achivement (seriously!). I on the other hand would NEVER take on someting like that. As for supporting DMC vendors, well......that's an issue that will never be resolved and can only turn into a flame war which I would rather not participate in. You seem to be quite adept as a do-it-yourselfer.....again, that is awesome. I, on the other hand, would rather spend the money on things for my car that I don't want to have to think about or take the time to figure out. I've got the money so I don't really care. Zilla, to me is well worth the time, effort and energy it saves me. Best of all, I like opening up a box and finding instructions for a DeLorean only, not a generic set of instructions. For you, the adventure and sense of satisfaction of doing it yourself is rewarding and I would never fault anyone for that. If I could do what you do....I'd do it in a second! I do alot of work myself on my car but I know my limitations and knowledge when it comes to electrical stuff.

regards

Tom