Re: Remote Locks and the DeLorean Vendors

Re: Remote Locks and the DeLorean Vendors

I am *not* down on the vendors and was *not* slamming those who are
mechanicaly challenged, I was only pointing out that people come in
many varieties of technical competence and it behooves them to know
how their possessions work. Otherwise they are at the mercy of those
who do. That was my point, period. It's your car, your money, etc,
feel free to do anything you like with them.

The "Devil Car" reference is a joke that refers to my car's initial
ability to do all sorts of very strange things when I first bought
it. It's been retained as a "term of endearment", if you will. As
David pointed out, these problems were the fault of
those "mechanically challenged" owners who came before me who failed
to do things properly. They are the ones who *should* have dealt with
the vendors and pro mechanics.

I'm a professional pilot and the owner of a former military jet
trainer. Reliability and failure are serious considerations in the
airplane biz and I was only implying that there are times when you
should be knowledgable about the machines you operate. If not for
financial reasons then for safety reasons. If you choose to support
the vendors fine. I do it also, when it's in *my* best interest to do
so, not theirs. Otherwise I do what it takes to keep me solvent and
living the way I want.

I stand by my position about the car. It's only a car and my
responsibilty is to myself first and not any vendor. For most of us
the Delorean phase will pass as we continue through life. Other
things are much more important and I bought this car to enjoy it and
then move on at some point in time. I do take very good care of my
stuff, better than most people, because I spent 20 years as a machine
design/maintenance engineer.

The car will go to the next owner in as good or better shape than
when I got it. (Certainly better than when I got it) I'll care for it
and do what I think is best for it while I own it, my responsibility
ends there. It's just another toy, to be cared for and then passed on
for someone else to enjoy.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, lhemb@xxxx wrote:
> I must take issue with the gentleman who slammed the parts vendors
and those amongst us who are mechanically challenged. I have owned
Harvey (vin 5830) since 1989. I also own a 1931 Ford and a 1956
Thunderbird that I have had longer than Harvey.>