cold air source

When driving the past week I definatley feel cold air coming in somwhere in
one of the footwells....I read an old technical article by DMC Joe about a
vent that was supposedly covered in a thin foam that can come loose with age
and that you need "monkey arms" to reach inside the drivers side floor vent
and repair with duct tape?

Anyone have or solve this problem. I dont have monkey arms but I have some
kids that do :-) the problem is here in MD that duct tape is now the hottest
thing since the "Tickle Me Elmo" doll....

Mike C
2109