Re: Rob Grady's Zilla Products

I can only give you advice on the cooling fan fixes that I have first
hand knowledge of. The origional fan fail relay is completely
unreliable. Given enough time (not much) it will fail (burn up in
fact) damaging the socket block and connectors. The fan fail bypass
(just a wire with some connectors on the ends and sometimes with 2 in
line fuses) which was the factory temporary "quick fix" also does burn
up. The best solution IMHO is the Fanzilla. Although it is expensive
and overdesigned it does solve several electrical design problems at
once and it is "plug and play" so even a novice could install it if
there are no modifacations to the wiring system or damage. There are
other cheaper solutions but some require some wiring knowledge and
modifacation of the car's wiring. Fanzilla is a tried and true
solution and is in many Deloreans. If you can only afford 1 Zilla then
get Fanzilla. It is what the factory probably would have come up with
if they continued in business.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, lhemb@xxxx wrote:
> I am an old subscriber to this list who just came back on line after
being
> off it for about a year. My DeLorean in number 5830 and his name is
"Harvey".
> We have had him for fourteen years. In recent years it seems like we
no more
> than get one problem fixed and another one crops up. It has been
really
> frustrating, but Harvey is a member of the family, so we keep him
going.

> One of Harvey's consistent trouble spots has been the cool fan relay
circuit.
> Harvey and I would be interested in any feedback out there about Rob
Grady's